Totally Fabulus

The rantings of an underpaid professional babysitter.....

Friday, 19 September 2008

Swimming to a healthy life...

I've pick up swimming again as a way to lose some weight and stay healthy....
the Malay food here is so rich and if one is not careful...the waistline can expand....
everything is masak lemak....everyday...

Anyway...back to the swimming again...
there is a stadium near my house...one with a Malay name
which i couldn't for he life of me remember...
I'll go there at least 3 times a week now...just a 5 mins drive...
every Tue..if i can make it...wed and Thurs....
On thurs, i go with Chin...

It is always crowded with people...since i think the peak
hours is from 6-9 pm....
But anyway...the it is a great way to relax after a tiring day...
i always find myself energised again after a good one hour swim...
I do 10 laps now and plan to increase gradually...
I of course prefer aerobics but it's so difficult to find a class nearby Seremban 2 area...

There is a dance studio that offer dance lesson
and i'm thinking of signing up..
and learn at least some modern dance or maybe
belly dancing which is so popular nowadays....

But for now...swimming itself is not bad...
provided that it doesn't rain on those days....
I hope to maintain this activity as a regular activity and
above all improve my swimming technique...
especially the free style....

Well..so far i have not experienced any weight loss yet..
but i guess...Rome wasn't built in one day...
so...2 weeks of swimming will not have a miraculous effect i guess...

Oh...and i purchase a blue with yellow strip
swimming suit last week.....with a cross back which i am not familiar with...
but so far it has been comfy...
and chin said the colours are kinda cool...

No comments: