Totally Fabulus

The rantings of an underpaid professional babysitter.....

Saturday, 18 April 2009

Digging up old blogs...

I actually started blogging in Friendster but later
i found that it was limited only
to those who have frenster...which sucks actually...
so...i discover this site....but i guess there are other sites which are much better...
so...thing is i had not visited my frenster acc. on a
a regular basis...
when i did today...i dug up my 2nd blog entry...hahaha...
These are the 2 that especially love....


How are we supposed to react???^_^(April 2006)

How are we supposed to react…say…when someone

call us to inform that us that we have won something which we totally do not expect? Do we:

  1. Jump up and shout, “Yeahhhhoooooo….I won….I won…I won…thank you…yesh….”
    And kiss whoever is beside u.
  2. Come again? Are you sure it’s my name?
  3. Cry and choke and lost for words because u are too happy.
  4. Graciously say thank you and ask what is the prize that u have
    won.

How would I react if I received one of those
calls? Any guesses….??Is it A, B, C or D? Well….let me tell you….none of the above…this was how I reacted.

The hand phone rang….and the conversation went
like this:

Yours truly: What a strange number….(press
a button)…Hello..

The voice: Hello…may I speak to Martina
Bong please?

Yours truly: Yes…speaking…

The voice: Hello Martina. I call to inform
you that you have won the Pringles King Kong SMS
competition.

Yours truly: Yes…right…

The voice: Do you still keep the Pringles can?

Yours truly: No…I threw it away already…it
was so long ago…does it matter?

The voice: It’s ok. I’ll get back to you
again about the can.

Yours truly: Ok…bye then.

Hung up and wondered…oh yea…I forgot to ask
what did I win…aargh…silly me….nevermind…he said he would call back.

A few days later….RING…..

Yours truly: Hello….

The voice: Hello…Martina?

Yours truly: (thinking…oh it’s him)…Yes…

The voice: I’m calling about the sms
competition…it’s ok if you don’t have the can.

Yours truly: Ok…oh…may I know what do I win?

The voice: A trip to New Zealand for two. Now I want to ask you, who is the other person that you
want to bring?

Yours truly: (A string of names…ran through
her mind…then it registered..) Right….Ok …so I

won…er….Mr
Chin Kok Voon…yeah…it spells…C…H…I…N…K…O…K…V…O…O…N…

IC no…bla..bla..bal…yeah….my
IC no…ok…bla..bla..bla…

The voice: Ok..we’ll be in touch again at
the end of this month…

Yours truly: Ok…thanks.

Hung up…and wondered…NZ..??To be happy or not
to be happy? To jump and shout or not? To tell or not to tell? Such dilemma..and
sat there quietly pondering over the reaction.

Now..the question is…is that a NORMAL reaction?

When I told the person I’m bringing with
me, the reaction went:

Yours truly: Hey…pek…I just got a phone
call saying I won a trip to NZ.

Him: What…true or not…u said NZ? I think it’s
a hoax….(and stared at me)

Yours truly: I don’t know. He said he’ll
inform me at the end of the month.

Him: Where’s the letter?

Yours truly: It was a phone call. No
letter.

Him: What competition? Did you take part?

Yours truly: Yeah..pringles…last year..

Him: Where is it?

Yours truly: Your mum finished it…but yeah I
did…

Him: No proof..how to believe?

Yours truly: Well…just wait and see la…

Now…my second question: Is that Normal?

How are we
supposed to react? How would you react? Well….when everything was confirmed…finally….we
still did not jump and shout…we still wonder if that is the rite way to react…OR
rather…HOW TO REACT….Ended up we just GRINNED STUPIDLY AT EACH OTHER….and said….HEHEHE….CAN
YOU BELIEVE IT?….WE ARE GOING NZ….

Sigh….gone were the days when people trusted each other and the phone calls you received were not prank calls….gone were the days when people used to leave their doors open wide to welcome friends to their home…gone were the days when we could simply…..TRUST….sigh….* head shaking from side to side…*

Truth be told…when IT happens to you…you
simply don’t know what’s the appropriate way to react……hahahhahahahaaaa…..

Old frenship mends up...(19/11/07)

2 nites ago, out of the blue my phone rang and the caller ID was not displayed. So i thought it was my friend who preferred to have his number undisclosed. The conversation went as such:
Me: Hello….?
Fren: …….
Me: Hello…? (cough)…Yes?
Fren: Bong!!! APa polah ko?
Me: *Stumped*….(Thimking to self - this friend does not speak Sarawakian Malay - and a few seconds later - thought went - could it be who i thought it is?) Sapa tok?
Fren: Kau di sine? Kau sik tau sapa tok ka?
Me: errr…Gabe? Gabe? Is that u?
Fren: Yeah it’s me…listen, do you have a house no? i’ll call u….
Me: Yeah…sure….

And just like that, in the middle of the nite, a friendship is mended….

He is an old friend of mine, who has gone estranged because of place and also a stupid argument. We have know each other for let see….8 or 9 years now…just that out of the 8 or 9, we were not on talking term for 3 or 4 of those…hehehe…

See….he’s a brother of my bestest of friend…by bestest i mean we have been friends for like 17 or 18 years now…and i got to know her brother later..and we just clicked…like brother and sister…..
A few years after being good friends, one day we argued over the sms….something about cleo magazine which i have forgotten now….and since then we just sort of stopped talking….
My friend used to make fun of us and point out how childish we were…but i said i’m ok…if only he’s talking to me….
Then 3 years later, i saw him in the kampung for a brief moment but we just said hi casually…no laughter etc….
And out of no where, he called me from Australia….hahahhaa….
I met his sister about a week ago and asked about him and i guess…over the long phone call with his sister, she must have mentioned me which prompted him to calll…
Boy, am i glad that the friendship is mended for good….for i really miss him…hahha…not that i want to admit it…..
This is a lucky situation because most of the time, broken friendships do not mend so easily and usually, it’ll still be awkward after the mending but for us…i think it’ll be ok….
You see, i’m growing older and my friends are trickling away….as we grow older,the number of our good friends can be counted with our 10 fingers and to lose one of those is like losing a part of our body….some ppl may not agree as they say they accumulate more friends as they grow older….but what i meant here is one who will stick through thick and thin with us….so my friends that i have now are my precious gems….

Well, old friend, if you happen to read this…..i want you to know that BOY AM I GLAD TO HAVE FOUND YOU AGAIN….you know who u are…

No comments: