
Today Chin, Teresa and I went to watch the
Musical Theatre - Tearatak Minang in
Istana Budaya...
It is a local plus Indonesian production
from Padang...
The story line is quite common but the dances are phenomenal...
we simply loved it...
the songs were really heartwarming too..
though they were in the minang language...
but we could understand at least 70% of it i guess...
it sounds almost like the Negeri dialect...
I like the symolic usage of the dances to portray
the mood of the moment...
Like when Butong was broken hearted when
the love of his life got married
to someone else...
the dance Tarian Piring was used to portrayed his
hurt at the moment...
how his heart was broken into million pieces...
and when finally he got married to
Lisa...the dance with candles was used to
portray a new beginning - lights at the
end of the tunnel kinda thing....
But overall...it was a lovely performance...
At the foyer of level 2
Crew and casts

Mr Chin and I
Tess, Effendy and I


Kakt T and Ciwin
Ahak...naughty girls....
Musical Theatre - Tearatak Minang in
Istana Budaya...
It is a local plus Indonesian production
from Padang...
The story line is quite common but the dances are phenomenal...
we simply loved it...
the songs were really heartwarming too..
though they were in the minang language...
but we could understand at least 70% of it i guess...
it sounds almost like the Negeri dialect...
I like the symolic usage of the dances to portray
the mood of the moment...
Like when Butong was broken hearted when
the love of his life got married
to someone else...
the dance Tarian Piring was used to portrayed his
hurt at the moment...
how his heart was broken into million pieces...
and when finally he got married to
Lisa...the dance with candles was used to
portray a new beginning - lights at the
end of the tunnel kinda thing....
But overall...it was a lovely performance...
At the foyer of level 2
Crew and casts
Mr Chin and I
Tess, Effendy and I

Kakt T and Ciwin
Ahak...naughty girls....
No comments:
Post a Comment