Totally Fabulus

The rantings of an underpaid professional babysitter.....

Friday, 25 January 2008

Facing new boss...

I was exceptionally early this morning not because i was excited to meet the new boss but because Chin thought that we were late, so we did not have breakfast and by the time we reached Petaling, the coffee shop was closed. So, there i was in school at 6.50 with a growling stomach.

Well, i was hoping to see the principal personally to ask for the leave but apparently she didn't come to school because she had a meeting in Bahau at 9 am.

So, I discovered that another Chinese teacher, Fong is also planning to take a leave on 11th of Feb like Lee. So i reckon i'd better see her before anybody else, only to my dismay, i discovered that she would only be in school at 3 pm. I would be long gone by then...haih....

Kak Jem asked me about my leave and i told her my dilemma - to stay back and wait for her or to call. I asked Kak Jem the kind of person Pn Hjh is and she said the principal is quite an OK person, as long as you don't lie to her. I asked her if it would be ok to call instead of meeting face to face, she confirmed that it's ok.

So, 3pm found me sitting in the room clutching the handphone and calling the school. When i was connected to her, i explained to her my dilemma and why i couldn't see her in person and she said ok. She also said next time she won't entertain calls on this matter and I agree with her totally for matter like this is best settled by facing the person.

She sounds nice on the phone. Friendly and approachable...cynical of course but i guess that's the way she is....but my impression of her has improved. I hope that my future dealings with her will be as amicable as this....

No comments: